I Wonder Why – Why The Sky Is Blue In Color?
Why is the sky blue?
● The Earth’s atmosphere is filled with trillions of tiny dust particles. These particles
are too small to be seen with the human eye.
● As the light from our Sun shines into the atmosphere, most of the colors are able
to reach the Earth’s surface uninterrupted.
● However, because blue light has a wavelength that is the same size as the
particulates in the air, this light is scattered in every direction. This blue light
bounces from particulate to particulate until it eventually reach your eyes.
● This blue light originated with the Sun, was bounced around in the sky many
times, and then eventually reached your eyes.
● Now, during sunrise and sunset, the light traveling through the atmosphere is longer
at the horizon, then if you were to look up high in the sky. There is more dust
particles at the horizon, so that is why you see such pretty colors like red,
oranges and yellows.